Additional Requirements for License:
1. Current First Aid/CPR certification (Less than 1 year old)
This course can be taken on an additional day for $85.00 (Discount available for current students)
2. DOT approved 5 panel drug test (urinalysis)
Students receive discounted membership in the Chicago Maritime Group
(A DOT/USCG compliant drug testing consortium)
3. Physical Examination documented on new USCG form.
(Physical less than 1 year old)
We have contracted with Premier Occupational Health to provide this service to our students for a special reduced rate.
4. Sea Service letters. We will assist you in preparing or acquiring these.
5. TWIC card
6. CG-719B form - Application for Merchant License
Sea Service Requirements:
1. 360 days on vessels
2. At least 90 days of the 360 must be on the Great Lakes or license will be limited to
Inland Waters, other than Great Lakes
Additional Student Materials:
1. Notebook paper
2. Post-It notes and tabs
3. Note cards
4. Writing and note-taking items (Pens, pencils, hi-liter, eraser, etc)
5. a) Small calculator or b) nautical slide rule
6. A set of 15" parallel rules and a set of navigation dividers (Can be purchased at class location).
Send mail to Webmaster with questions or comments about this web site.
USCG Captain's License; Earn yours now in Chicago;
Marine Academy Chicago, Captain
Classes Chicago, Chicago Captain Classes