Upgrade your OUPV license to a Mate 200 Ton
Upgrade to 200 Ton Masters with sea service!
If you have time on a vessel over 67 gross tons, it is time to upgrade to Mate 200 Ton. Why? It is an easy way to get your 200 Ton Master license. This course will get you a Mates Endorsement up to 200 Tons, based on your sea service.
NOTE: Based on sea service and minimum of 360 days operating with officers credentials you can upgrade to a Masters license for the same route, based solely on sea service time. * Raise of Grade: IAW 46 CFR 11.903(c)(5), Applicants Raising Grade from Mate to Master on the same route may do so without further examination.
Class is 12 hours in duration - (This course
may be taken online)
- Terms, Definitions and Nomenclature, and Deck Gear
- Ground Tackle
- Marlinespike and Wire Rope
- Trim and Stability
- Emergency Towing
- Rules & Regulations for Inspected T-Boats
- Load Lines
- Emergency Procedures: Rescuing Survivors from Ship/Aircraft in Distress
- Maneuvering to Launching Lifeboats and Liferafts
- Vessel Alterations and Repair/Hot Work
- Shipment, Discharge, and Manning