OUPV to Master Upgrade
- General ship knowledge
- Inspected Vessel Regulations
- Stability & Construction
NEAR COASTAL ENDORSEMENT FOR MASTER
A Near Coastal License allows you to operate up to 200 miles offshore. Great Lakes time can be counted for 100% of the required sea time.
Completing the NC class will allow a current Master, Great Lakes & Inland to add Near Coastal to their license.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSE:
- Current First Aid/CPR certification (Less than 1 year old)
- This course can be taken on an additional day for $85.00 (Discount available for current students)
- DOT approved 5 panel drug test (urinalysis)
- Students receive discounted membership in the Chicago Maritime Group (A DOT/USCG compliant drug testing consortium)
- Physical Examination documented on new USCG form. (Physical less than 1 year old)
- We have contracted with Premier Occupational Health to provide this service to our students for a special reduced rate.
- Sea Service letters. We will assist you in preparing or acquiring these.
- TWIC card
- CG-719B form - Application for Merchant License
SEA SERVICE REQUIREMENTS:
- 360 days on vessels, (720 for Near Coastal option) 90 of which must be within the last three years for Master; OR
- 90 days on vessels for Mate license (Upon completion of sea time, Master license issued)
- At least 90 days of the 360 must be on the Great Lakes or license will be limited to Inland Waters, other than Great Lakes
ADDITIONAL STUDENT MATERIALS:
- Notebook paper
- Post-It notes and tabs
- Note cards
- Writing and note-taking items (Pens, pencils, hi-liter, eraser, etc)