Master Self Propelled Vessels
The Master Self Propelled Vessels up to 100 GT license allows you to operate inspected and uninspected vessels up to 100 Gross Tons. This class covers the topics required for a tonnage-specific license. Depending on your sea service and vessel size, you can apply for a 25, 50, or 100 gross ton Master's license. For Inland, Great lakes & Near Coastal Waters depending on your sea time experience. 72 Classroom Hours.
You'll be presented with the concepts and information necessary to pass our Coast Guard Approved exams.
Your instructors will use a combination of lecture, video, and practical demonstration to prepare you to serve as a Licensed Maritime Officer, as well as provide assistance in preparing & submitting your USCG application package.
This is a combination of the OUPV Course and Master Upgrade Course in a specially priced bundle.
- Basic Safety and Seamanship
- Rules of the Road
- Chart Navigation and Piloting
- Nautical Publications
- Rules and Regulations
- General ship knowledge
- Inspected Vessel Regulations
- Stability & Construction
NEAR COASTAL ENDORSEMENT FOR MASTER
A Near Coastal License allows you to operate up to 200 miles offshore. Great Lakes time can be counted for 100% of the required sea time.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSE:
- Current First Aid/CPR certification (Less than 1 year old)
- This course can be taken on an additional day for $95.00 (Discount available for current students)
- DOT approved 5 panel drug test (urinalysis)
- Students receive discounted membership in the Chicago Maritime Group (A DOT/USCG compliant drug testing consortium)
- Physical Examination documented on new USCG form. (Physical less than 1 year old)
- We have contracted with Premier Occupational Health to provide this service to our students for a special reduced rate.
- Sea Service letters. We will assist you in preparing or acquiring these.
- TWIC card
- CG-719B form - Application for Merchant License
- Must Be A U.S. Citizen for a Master's License
SEA SERVICE REQUIREMENTS:
- 360 days on vessels, (720 for Near Coastal option) 90 of which must be within the last three years for Master; OR
- 90 days on vessels for Mate license (Upon completion of sea time, Master license issued)
- At least 90 days of the 360 must be on the Great Lakes or license will be limited to Inland Waters, other than Great Lakes
ADDITIONAL STUDENT MATERIALS:
- Notebook paper
- Post-It notes and tabs
- Note cards
- Writing and note-taking items (Pens, pencils, hi-liter, eraser, etc)
- Small calculator or nautical slide rule
- A set of 15" parallel rules and a set of navigation dividers (Can be purchased at class location)